Car sales and the automotive industry is into a big transformation. More people are leasing their cars and there is a trend towards a seamless integration between the digital world and physical dealerships. At Mercedes-Benz, we strive to be at the forefront of this transformation. We truly believe there need to be a full-fledge digital experience for our customers. At the same time, we want to create an amazing customer experience in the physical retail where customers can meet our Mercedes-Benz experts. These two areas will need to be integrated, and together with our iconic brand and products, we are creating a competitive advantage.
About the position
As a team leader within Legal at Mercedes-Benz, your primary responsibility will be to provide “hands-on” and solution-oriented legal advice to Management and departments, to organize and steer the daily work of our cross-functional team, mainly focusing on legal matters connected to all areas of business activities in Mercedes-Benz Sverige and Mercedes-Benz Danmark. You will have three direct reports located in our Swedish office in Malmö as well as in our Danish office in Copenhagen. You will be working with the team to plan, structure and follow up work. In the position, there is also permanent contact with the different business units that the team is working with, discussing and consulting in legal topics relating to the businesses of distributing passenger cars, vans, trucks, after-sales services and other connected services.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage all legal matters of Mercedes-Benz Sverige AB and Mercedes-Benz Danmark A/S and related legal entities in Sweden and Denmark.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Legal team, taking into consideration each employee’s ability and knowledge to achieve agreed contributions, and manage the team in terms of administrative tasks.
- Provide proactive advice to management with regard to all relevant legal aspects.
- Structure business models, draft and negotiate agreements with partners and other contract partners.
- Monitor the development of applicable legal frameworks; arrange for required adaptations of the companies’ policies, processes, documents; continuously provide legal trainings for staff.
- Coordinate significant legal matters with Daimler AG/Legal HQ and oversee outside counsel.
You have a Swedish law degree, and you have several years of relevant legal experience, either from a law firm or from an in-house position or both. You should have a sound understanding of distribution models, various commercial agreements and the competition law implications as well as general corporate law. We also see that you have experience from leading a team and a proven ability to solve problems in a global environment.
Your excellent people skills makes you a true star when it comes to stakeholder management. You have a capability of prioritizing conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment in which you are able to create structure and order, and you should be comfortable in delivering output independently and on short deadlines. You have good analytical and learning skills. On top of this, you have high integrity and a good judgment.
Excellent business English, and fluency in Swedish is a requirement. Danish and German skills are a meriting, but not required.
This is a full time position, located in Malmö with occasional travelling to other destinations, e.g. Germany and Denmark, foreseen.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact HR Business Partner – Joanna Madsen at +46 40 679 72 59
We do interviews continuously, and would therefore appreciate your application and CV as soon as possible.
We welcome your application! Click HERE
Check out Work at Daimler – In for change