At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in 20 markets, with several new markets launching in the coming years. Storytel is Northern Europe’s largest audiobook streaming service and we are now looking for a Legal Counsel with a focus on commercial agreements, marketing and consumer law to join our Legal department at our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
Role and responsibilities
As our Commercial Counsel at Storytel, you will support the global organisation with advice on various legal matters with focus on commercial agreements, marketing and consumer law such as e.g. collaboration agreements, reseller agreements, marketing agreements, commercial partnership agreements, agreements for IT-systems and licences, non-disclosure agreements, marketing campaigns etc. The role will also include drafting and updating terms and conditions for both new and existing products and services offered by the Storytel group, as well as to assist in matters relating to such terms and conditions. Hence, the role will also require an understanding of the european GDPR and other data protection regulations, and close collaboration with Storytel’s Compliance Counsel. As part of the legal team, led by the General Counsel, you will also encounter many other fields of law and should be comfortable in investigating and advising in areas of law outside your main area of expertise. A candidate for this role must have the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to follow through and meet deadlines.You must also have strong interpersonal skills, a genuine team-player mindset and be able to work independently within cross-functional teams. Strong business judgment, ability to think strategically and to give hands-on practical advice constitute basic requirements.
- Swedish LL.M (Jur. kand./Juristexamen) or international equivalent such as J.D. degree
- 3+ years of law firm and/or in-house corporate lawyer experience with main focus on commercial agreements and consumer law (including drafting and reviewing terms and conditions for both B2C and B2B products and services)
- English language skills to business standard
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in stressful and/or ambiguous situations
- An interest in and general understanding for privacy regulations
- Experience from an international legal environment
- Strong Swedish language skills to business standard
- Experience from working within or related to the tech industry and especially other streaming services or services provided through apps or online
- An interest in and basic understanding for intellectual property rights. Experiences from working within or against the publishing industry is a merit
- Experience from providing advice within the fields of marketing law, competition law/antitrust law and the GDPR are also merits of interest.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture – characterized by being welcoming and helpful – is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement, we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. If you would like to read more about us and our products please have a look at www.storytel.com.
More information and application – click HERE