At Tetra Pak we touch millions of people’s lives every day, ensuring better nutrition and healthier lifestyles through safe packaging and food processing solutions. Guided by our global brand promise, PROTECTS WHAT´S GOOD, we strive to make a difference by protecting food, people and our futures. To do this we need more than smart technology. We need smart people too. People like you, who want to work with people like us.
The world is rapidly changing, and leading food and beverage producers are adopting automation and digitalization technologies that give them a competitive edge, allowing them to produce more efficiently and providing insightful information for decision making. Do you want to work with a company which uses cutting-edge digital tools and innovations – connected machines, data analytics, mobility apps, virtual training and remote support – to bring value to our customers?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented senior IPR lawyer to join our Legal Affairs team, guiding and supporting activities across Tetra Pak’s businesses, especially in the development and sourcing areas.
The Legal Affairs function is headed up by the Tetra Pak Group General Counsel who leads a global team of world class senior lawyers, patent and trademark attorneys and corporate governance and risk management professionals.
- Advising stakeholders across the entire range of intellectual property issues including joint development, technology transfer, protection (internal & external), enforcement, licensing, litigation and dispute resolution as well as on the interaction between IPR and other regulatory areas such as competition laws and data protection.
- Providing general legal, governance, risk and strategic support on a variety of business areas
- Drafting and negotiating complex research, development, proof of concept/prototype, evaluation, licensing (including software development and licensing) and project agreements.
- Developing and supporting the continuous improvement of related policies, processes, template agreements, notices, checklists and other tools
- Training and developing business and legal colleagues in various IPR, legal and governance areas
- Helping to select, manage and develop external legal advisers
- Facilitating close teamwork with the IPR team and other members of the Legal Affairs team
The position will be based in Lund, Sweden and will report to the Vice-President, Legal Affairs, Development & Supply Chain. You will travel around 15% of your time.
You are a highly skilled professional with a law degree from a reputable university and a minimum of 6 years’ experience working for a leading law firm and/or in-house in a multinational business of comparable size, ideally in the engineering or high-tech sector.
Extensive experience in complex IPR transactions and licencing (including software licensing), patent litigation experience and a sound knowledge of competition laws is a prerequisite.
You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting and communication skills.
You are a driven, resourceful and quick self-starter. You are a strategic thinker who can apply their intellect and creativity in providing sound risk assessments and innovative legal solutions. You are practical, persuasive and a team-player with the ability to collaborate at all levels and across divisions, geographies and cultures.
As our new Senior Legal Counsel, you will be part of a global leading company where our vision is to make food safe and available everywhere. We can offer you highly skilled and passionate colleagues, a vibrant melting pot of diversity, and a challenging and high paced work environment where our employees take great pride from protecting food to protecting the planet. You will work in a market leading company which offers continuous training and development opportunities in a trendy, comfortable and activity-based office environment. At Tetra Pak we believe in work-life balance, have flexible working hours, sports and training facilities.
Please submit your CV and motivational letter in English before 15th September through jobs.tetrapak.com. Click HERE
Questions about your application contact Valentina Harabagiu at +46 46 36 2369.
For trade union information contact Unionen/Annika Svensson at +46 46 36 3916 or Sveriges Ingenjörer/Lars Haraldsson at +46 46 36 2533.