Senior legal counsel with IP focus
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Senior Legal Counsel with a focus on intellectual property to join our bold legal team in Stockholm.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. You will have the opportunity to be part of building a competent and dependable legal team, capable of scaling Northvolt’s operations in Sweden and beyond. Given the timing at which you will be joining Northvolt and the early stage in which the company is currently in, you will be given a unique opportunity to impact the development of a new company and industry in Sweden.
You will support the different teams at Northvolt with an extensive range of legal matters. Your work will consist of but will not be limited to the following:
- Negotiating, reviewing, drafting different commercial agreements, IP licensing/transfer agreements, IP provisions in commercial agreements and IT agreements.
- Assisting the IP-team on various matters including implementing the IP strategy of Northvolt and R&D related matters.
- Assessing and balancing risks.
- Template drafting and compliance implementation.
- Data privacy.
The person we are looking for is goal-oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to impact our success story through your day-to-day work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. You will report to the General Counsel.
Apply with CV and cover letter.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- A Master of Laws degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience from a reputable law firm and/or an industrial company
- Extensive experience of intellectual property law, licensing agreements, trade secrets, implementing IP strategies, IP litigations
- You have previously worked with general business law and have extensive experience of commercial agreements.
- Sufficient knowledge of GDPR.
- Knowledge of compliance matters and joint-ventures is meritorious.
- You are a business-oriented team player with good social skills.
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment.
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
- Highly organized and results driven.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to understand priorities.
- Exceptionally good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Has a “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Qualities that we value are flexibility, high standards for quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour.
- Passionate and purpose driven.
More information and application – click HERE
About the company
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!