Partner the people who are innovating how the world lives every day.
Senior Group Legal Counsel – Competition Law
At Electrolux we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Our Corporate Legal Department is looking for an ambitious Senior Group Legal Counsel to join the team. As Senior Group Legal Counsel, you’ll experience a stimulating and challenging work environment. You will provide legal support in competition law, corporate law as well as general commercial law. You also have a genuine interest in understanding the business thereby being able to anticipate needs and concerns and work with continuous development. Based at our HQ in Stockholm you’ll be an integral part of Group Legal Affairs who are responsible for protecting the Group’s interests in all legal matters.
With ambitions as big as ours, we need powerful guardians to guide us. That makes this a big job on a truly international playing field, with all the freedom and scope you need to help realise our goals and take it all to the next level.
REGULAR DAY AT WORK
As Senior Group Legal Counsel you will implement Electrolux Antitrust Policy and guidelines while working in close co-operation with decision-makers and often in collaboration with the business units, other staff functions as well as our other legal teams across the world. The role also involves contacts with external parties, law firms and authorities. You will give expert advice and find solutions in the competition law area as well as support in general commercial law areas, for example distribution set-ups and co-operation with competitors. You will manage competition law issues in connection with mergers & acquisition activities, including merger filings, as well as potential investigations. Besides antitrust related matters you will also handle general commercial law matters.
You will lead and develop competition law compliance training for relevant managers and other employees globally. You will also develop and improve internal group steering policies and instructions within the area of competition law. You will together with others in the organization evaluate various risk factors and give proactive advice. You will bring to the role your existing legal skills, high level of business acumen, creativity, integrity, strong organizational skills, including planning and managing deadlines and the ability to handle several tasks in parallel in a structured way.
• Analytical – With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data. A passion for analyzing data and making business conclusions and recommendations.
• Agile – Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly, to deliver results. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Expert – You not only know your area of expertise, you are passionate about it and understand how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
• Collaborative – You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
• Communicative – Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
• Influential – You know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that’s sound and people can buy into.
• Organised – You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Master of Law Degree
• Extensive experience (at least seven years) working with competition law at a reputable business law firm, as an in-house counsel in a large company and/or at a competition authority.
• You enjoy working in an international context and are willing and able to travel as needed.
• Fluent English, both written and verbal (Swedish and any other European languages would be an advantage).
Contact person: Christopher Murray
More information and application – click HERE