Nordic Entertainment Group is the Nordic region’s leading streaming and entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our Streaming services, radio networks, TV and production companies. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. We’re a vibrant, upbeat and passionate company and encouraging our people to step out of the box with fresh ideas to stay ahead of the rest.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to strengthen NENT’s Content team in our office in Stockholm.
NENT’s team of lawyers work cross border to service NENT’s business teams. As Legal Counsel -Scripted and Non-scripted you will act as a business partner to NENT’s Content team, working together with your colleagues in the Legal Content team and reporting to Head of Legal Content.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Help build and develop effective relationships with studios, distributors and key business stakeholders
- Together with your colleagues in the Legal Content team provide legal advice to business stakeholders and help develop and implement effective risk mitigation strategies
- Draft and negotiate scripted and non-scripted contracts (e.g. development agreements, format agreements, program production/commissioning agreements and supporting financial documentation, talent agreements, program distribution agreements, program distribution agreements, content acquisition/presale agreements and underlying agreements) and support the business in implementing and managing such contracts through contract management and other processes
- Together with the Legal team support the business in aligning content rights, sublicensing/sales and pipeline opportunities
- Build and develop business self-service structures through contract templates, checklists etc.
The journey ahead
This position will work closely with the lawyers responsible for content to provide legal support to NENT’s Content team. You will constantly be close to our business and we always seek to improve. Together with your colleagues, you will continuously identify and implement ways to improve and develop working practices and knowledge sharing.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and solution-oriented team player with a strong ability to build relationships and deliver pragmatic legal advice to colleagues at all levels.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Master of Law Degree
- Experience (between 3 – 5 years) negotiating and drafting commercial agreements
- Content experience, for example from working at a production company or a broadcaster/streaming provider, is advantageous
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Embracing and acting in accordance with NENT’s values bravery, equality, appreciation and trust (“BEAT”), read more here.
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at NENT Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at NENT Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our NENT values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
More information and application – click HERE
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV, cover letter and transcripts. Note that a background check will be done for this position. We do not accept applications through email. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter Jessica Kvint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoy the summer break as much as we do! While we are taking some time off, the feedback on your application will take a little bit longer. You can expect feedback in the middle of August. Enjoy your vacation!
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’)