The H&M Group operates more than 5000 stores in 70 countries under 9 distinct brands. We continue to expand worldwide, as one of the largest fashion companies in the world. In our ongoing and expanding business, we rely on solid relationships with our business partners, which are supported by relevant and flexible agreements.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team at the Stockholm Head Office. This is an opportunity for someone with a genuine interest of working with tech contracts and negotiations in the world of retail and fashion. You will be expected to offer advice on a wide range of legal matters mainly in the tech area, while providing support on how to best manage business opportunities and risks in a global perspective. H&M is a large and exciting organization with a great culture, and you will be working with dedicated and talented colleagues.
As a Legal Counsel in the Tech Legal & Procurement team, you will belong to a team within the Group Legal function, a core part of the H&M Group. Tech Legal & Procurement is a team which currently consists of 9 people, which provides legal, negotiation and procurement support to the H&M Group. You will support and participate in negotiations and advice regarding H&M Group’s global tech contracts, as well as working with AI, tech law and data privacy matters, just to name a few areas.
This is a Full-time position with start date as soon as possible.
You will report to the Manager of Tech Legal & Procurement.
As Legal Counsel with the Tech Legal & Procurement team, you will:
- Provide commercial, contractual and negotiation expertise for the tech and IT area across H&M Group functions, brands, regions and markets, including risk identification and mitigation
- Draft, review and interpret legal documents.
- Provide advice and supporting documentation during all phases of a business relationship, from the initial contact to agreements closure, legal support during the operational phase and assist all the way until the relationship ends.
- Take an active part in decision-making related to legal and commercial matters, to ensure that the agreement enables the best business result possible
- Contribute to internal knowledge development and knowledge transfer within the H&M Group, including legal processes, creating templates, toolkits and best practice
- Collaborate with all other teams at H&M Group Legal, in order to provide comprehensive legal support to the H&M Group.
In addition to matching the personal profile, we seek the following qualifications:
- A university law degree
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience from a company or law firm, preferably in an international setting
- Negotiation experience from negotiations of commercial agreements with vendors or customers of all sizes
- Experience in contract law, including drafting commercial agreements. It is an advantage if you have previous experience from tech and IT
- Understanding of the basic financial aspects of a business deal
- The ability to evaluate opportunities and risks related to commercial agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (professional English required)
We believe that you are an excellent collaborator who will pitch in where needed, with a positive attitude and an ability to find solutions where others don’t. You have an open and creative personality, with a mindset that helps you thrive in an everchanging environment. You are able to explain and advice on complex legal matters to beginners as well as to seasoned professionals. You enjoy working independently, while also having a supportive team of colleagues on hand when you need it. You structure and prioritize your work efficiently. You maintain a strong sense of integrity and rational thinking, while sustaining a service minded and friendly approach.
If you feel your experience, skills and personality are right for this role, please send in your application, including a CV and Cover Letter in English no later than May 19th 2021. Background in any of the legal areas referenced in the introduction should be highlighted in your application, as they are of special interest.
We look forward to hearing from you!