Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider of streaming services, TV channels and radio stations with brands such as Viaplay, TV3 and Rix FM. With a market that spans over Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, NENT offers a variety of challenges and opportunities. An interesting expansion is lying ahead for NENT who will shortly expand into the US and the Netherlands.
NENT is currently looking for a legal counsel to support NENT’s Commercial team with placement in either Stockholm or Copenhagen.
NENT’s team of lawyers work cross border to service NENT’s business teams. You will be acting as a business partner to NENT’s Commercial team including the adsale team and Nordic / international distribution team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working close to the business, advising on legal risk management and developing effective risk mitigation strategies
- Drafting and negotiating material contracts (e.g. SVOD/channel distribution, adsale, partnerships etc) and supporting the business in implementing and managing such contracts
- Advising stakeholders on matters pertaining to local legislation (e.g. marketing-, consumer-, and copyright-laws)
- Coordinating with your peers in the legal team around contract guidelines and directives
- Building and developing business self-service structures through training, contract templates, checklists etc
- Developing and managing structures and processes to share area specific legal and other relevant knowledge with peers in legal team to help develop, and capture, team know-how
What we are looking for
- Master of Law Degree
- Experience (between 4 – 8 years) negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, preferably as an in-house counsel at an international company, and/or at a reputable business law firm
- It’s considered extra merit if the candidate has possessed a similar role within the broadcast/streaming industry and thus is familiar with the market landscape and corresponding terminology
- Fluent in English and also either Swedish or Danish
- Business and solution oriented and great relationship builder, able to create trust for the legal department in the business, and to deliver pragmatic and actionable legal advice to people at all levels
- Embracing and acting in accordance with NENT’s values
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at NENT Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at NENT Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our NENT values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Send us your application today by including your CV. Note that a background check will be done for this position. We do not accept applications through email. Applications are handled ongoing and the position may be filled before the final application date, so don’t wait with sending us your application. If you have any questions – please contact our recruiter Mathias Gunnstedt, email@example.com
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).