Group Trucks Technology
Are you fascinated by innovation and new technology?
Are you knowledgeable in Intellectual Property law?
Do you enjoy handling agreements of various types of IP and IP disputes?
We are recruiting a Legal Counsel IP, to be located at Volvo Group headquarters in Gothenburg. In this position you will be offered a global working environment with dedicated and professional colleagues, and with good development and career opportunities.
This is us, your new colleagues
As a Legal Counsel IP you will be part of the team Volvo Group IP – IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs, which includes IP defense/enforcement supporting the complete Volvo Group. The team is one team within the group function and department Volvo Group IP, organized within Group Trucks Technology.
You will provide pragmatic business-oriented legal advice relating to IP in contexts like strategic collaborations, development projects, contract negotiations and transactions. You will also be handling patent defense/enforcement matters in close collaboration with other internal and external specialists. You will report to Group Director Volvo Group IP – IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs.
The work may require travelling from time to time.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Provide legal advice, relating to IP in general, to the daily business operations within the Volvo Group, including participating in contract negotiations and projects with IP impact;
- Participate in the IP defense/enforcement work, with day to day management of the IP defense/enforcement operations, in particular in relation to patents, and setting up and managing global working groups with involved stakeholders on a project basis;
- Managing a network for patent defense/enforcement work together with Senior Patent Enforcement Attorney;
- Promote and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as internal IP policies, guidelines and directives;
- Participate in and support the development, updates and fulfilment of the Volvo Group IP Plan in respect of IP enforcement management;
- Provide internal training on legal and IP issues;
- Assist in the preparation and interpretation of legal reports, statements or other documents;
- Manage outside providers of legal services related to IP enforcement.
Competencies for the position
As a Legal Counsel IP, you have a Master of Law and solid legal experience from a law firm, inhouse legal counsel or equivalent experience. You have a high personal credibility, integrity and a can-do mindset with high drive, energy and be capable of performing multiple duties effectively in a fast paced environment.
This position requires knowledge and experience with IP issues and IP law. In addition, experience from representing at courts, proficiency in the negotiation and drafting of contracts, together with solid experience and knowledge in dispute resolution, contract and commercial law are important requirements. Furthermore, it’s essential that you have experience of handling agreements, relating to various types of IP, preferably in a technology development environment. Other pre-requisites for this position are distinctive problem-solving abilities, communication skills, together with cultural awareness and appreciation. You enjoy working both in a team and individually on your own.
Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing are essential. A good understanding of the automotive businesses and processes is a merit but not a requirement.
For further information, please contact:
Group Director Volvo Group IP – IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs Åsa Ashjari, +46 793 339696
We adopt a continuous selection process so make sure to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be held continuously with pause for vacation period during w29-w33. We look forward to receiving your application!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Legal & Security
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date