Are you looking for fresh winds in your life? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career?
Nordex Sweden is now looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Northern Europe Legal Team, based in Uppsala Sweden.
The manufacture of wind energy plants in the on-shore segment has been our core competence and passion for around 35 years. With more than 28 GW installed capacity worldwide, our turbines supply sustainable energy to more than 80% of the global energy market and we are one of the largest companies in the wind industry. National subsidiaries in more than 25 markets and production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, Mexico and India offer our more than 6,500 employees the opportunity for international and intercultural cooperation. We are growing and together driving forward the expansion of alternative energies worldwide – if you wish, from now on with you.
If you are passionate of renewables energies, you love working in teams and you share our values of Integrity, Colleagueship, Respect and Ownership we would like you to join the Nordex Group.
Are you interested in using and developing your legal skills in an international, project-driven environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic in-house legal team in renewable energy? Join our Northern Europe Legal Team.
The Nordex Group is a developer and manufacturer of multi megawatt wind turbine generators for wind farm projects across the world, with headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
The Nordex Group’s Global Legal Department acts as a business partner to all business functions relation to the worldwide activities of the Nordex Group mainly on project, commercial and corporate law matters. The Northern Europe Legal team’s focus is on the preparation and negotiation of complex agreements for the supply of wind turbines and ancillary works for wind farms, including associated maintenance agreements, sub-contracts, financing and collateral instruments. The region Northern Europe currently comprises mainly the jurisdictions Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Ireland, and the UK.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Northern Europe Legal team. The team consists of four lawyers, two based in Manchester, one in Dublin and one in Helsinki.
The position on offer is based in Uppsala, but is envisaged that frequent travel will be required to Helsinki and Hamburg. Within your function as Legal Counsel, you will report to the Lead Counsel Northern Europe who is located in the UK and who reports directly to the Head of Legal Europe who is based in Hamburg.
The tasks and responsibilities of a Legal Counsel comprise, in particular:
- Drafting and negotiation of complex supply and installation and/or turnkey agreements and associated service & maintenance agreements;
- Drafting and negotiation of purchasing agreements with suppliers of the Nordex Group;
- Claims handling with customers and suppliers, in particular in respect to warranty claims (including management of external law firms, where required);
- Advising on corporate matters and corporate house-keeping;
- Ad hoc advice in respect of other agreements related to the Nordex Group’s activities, e.g. lease agreements, technology agreements etc.;
- Preparing standard forms and templates, as well as providing legal in-house training.
Do you have the following qualifications, skills and interests? We would like to get to know you!
- Excellent academic qualification and admission to practice law in an EU jurisdiction, ideally Swedish or Finnish law qualified;
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in private practice or in-house. Experience in the construction and engineering or energy industries is of advantage;
- Knowledge of concepts in an EPC contract, with ideally some experience with FIDIC as well as AB99, AB04/ABT06 and/or YSE1998;
- Knowledge of corporate law, particularly that of one or more jurisdictions within the region Northern Europe;
- Ability to identify and manage complex legal issues whilst maintaining commercial focus in the execution and accomplishment of the relevant transactions;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organisation, planning and presentation skills are essential;
- Excellent English language skills are a must with ideally one other European language, including ability to negotiate contracts in those languages;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Capable of working both independently and with the support from, and in cooperation with the other members of the Nordex Group Global Legal Department;
- Risk and claim management, and insurance know-how are a plus;
- Willingness to undertake some travel.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application in English. Please note we do not accept applications by email, instead use the recruitment form on our webpage by clicking HERE.
Any questions feel free to contact:
People & Culture Manager Nordics