Here at Nordic Entertainment Group, we entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels & production companies. We’re already the Nordic region’s leading streaming & entertainment provider – so now we’ve set our ambitions even higher to become the European streaming champion with our five-year expansion plan. As part of this, we’re launching Viaplay in 10 new markets by the end of 2023. These include Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland & the U.S. already this year.
If this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in, we’re now looking for a Commercial Affairs Manager to strengthen the team in our office in Stockholm.
In this position, you will work closely with our business and the lawyers responsible for content to provide legal support for NENT’s Content team. Together with your colleagues, you will continuously identify and implement ways to improve and develop working practices and knowledge sharing across the business.
As Commercial Affairs Manager, you will act as a close business partner to NENT’s Content team and report to Head of Commercial Affairs.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Help build and develop strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as production companies, distributors, sales agents and other key business stakeholders.
- Together with the legal and finance team support the business in aligning content rights, sublicensing/sales and pipeline opportunities.
- Provide commercial and legal advice to business stakeholders and help develop and implement effective risk mitigation strategies for content and distribution rights.
- Negotiate and draft a wide range of contracts (e.g., development agreements, format agreements, program production/commissioning agreements as well as supporting financial documentation and underlying agreements and support the business in implementing and managing these contracts.
- Assess and create compelling business cases for upcoming content projects.
The journey ahead
NENT’s team of Commercial Affairs managers work to service NENT’s Content team. We ensure NENT can remain innovative and profitable, securing the rights to the content that excels and amplifies our platform and building trust with our partners by negotiating effectively and sharing valuable insights. As NENT grows, we grow too, using a creative and pragmatic approach to overcome new and exciting commercial and legal issues.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and solution-oriented team player with strong negotiation skills. You’re able to build relationships and deliver pragmatic commercial and legal advice to colleagues at all levels.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you thrive in new environments and react quickly to new information, opinions and direction, strategically pivoting when necessary. You have concise and clear written and verbal communication, attention to detail, analysis, and innovative problem solving.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Master of Laws degree.
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills as well as solid contracting experience of commercial contracts.
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial affairs for the streaming industry, production process and deal making, analysing risk and related strategy including market knowledge where applicable (e.g., of production costs, production investment, recoupment, soft money funding).
- You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritise, lead and deliver multiple complex projects within both time and budgetary constraints.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- In lieu of media and entertainment industry experience, evidence of working across a diverse portfolio of clients with a focus on commercial rights and intellectual property is advantageous.
- Fluent in Swedish and/or other languages.
What we offer you
We are a company that prioritises people over everything else — from every single employee to every single one of our millions of customers. What unites us all at NENT Group is our passion to create meaningful moments and evoke emotions with our content.
The essence of our values is defined by the beat we all have pulsing inside us. Defined by our people. Defined by the boundless passion we all share at NENT Group. Defined by how we inspire everyone around us, letting them feel that powerful, energising beat.
Bravery, Equality, Appreciation and Trust are our NENT values — and together, they form a powerful BEAT.
It’s time to hit play
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter through our career page. We do not accept applications through email. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter Jessica Kvint at email@example.com.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’)