SD Worx is a leading European provider of Payroll & HR services with global reach. Our goal? We bring people solutions to life. So companies of any size can turn Human Resources into a source of value for the business and the people in it. Our people solutions span the entire employee journey, from getting people paid to attracting, rewarding, and developing talent. With this role we offer you an opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing and worldwide business. We offer you an intellectually stimulating job with a lot of variety, autonomy and responsibility together with an attractive remuneration package in accordance with your education, experience and skills.
Legal Counsel Nordics
The Corporate Legal department of the SD Worx group (Headquarters in Belgium) is seeking a full-time in-house Legal Counsel focused primarily on our Nordics’ organization. You will be part of a team that provides advice to the business of the SD Worx group on a wide range of legal questions, with a focus on commercial law, contract law and IT law.
The current legal team works from Belgium (HQ), Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom and consists of 11 legal counsels. You will be based primarily in Sweden and report to one of our two Head Counsels. The position include some travelling within Europe.
- Give sound yet clear, cost-effective and practical legal advice in order to support SD Worx management, operations and sales, to help ensure their compliance with legal requirements
- Proactively share legal knowledge and assistance on all aspects of the SD Worx business
- Review and negotiate customer-, supplier- and partnership agreements, including support in the drafting and updating of agreement templates
- Provide legal support for the effective handling and successful resolution of disputes and negotiations
- Monitoring, interpreting and advising on current and new relevant legislation and case law
- Local training and implementation of corporate policies, templates, guidelines and processes
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the SD Worx strategic, business and operational plans
- Contribute to the SD Worx’ Corporate Legal team’s objectives and coordination
- Contribute to the digitalization of the legal department
- Manage cooperation with local advisors/experts
You will be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced team of legal professionals, working in Belgium (HQ), Germany, Sweden and United Kingdom.
SD Worx offers you, besides a competitive salary and benefits package, the autonomy and flexibility to take ownership of your work. With the possibilities of flexible working hours, homework, working from other offices, you can organize your own work.
For us, learning and innovating are like breathing, inspiring us to always go beyond. We offer multiple trainings, projects… where you will learn from experts or in practice. From the start you will be engaged in your team, where we share knowledge, talents and celebrate our differences.
From many places, we work as one, moving from better to best together.
You are business oriented, practical, pragmatic and combine a risk aware working style with a no nonsense and hardworking attitude. You like to deal with complex issues and planning activities and have the willingness to take responsibility for difficult decisions. You are self-confident and dare to speak up in meetings, pointing out legal risks to business, escalating risks to higher level if needed, you are able to push back minor topics to be able to prioritize important matters.
- Possess first-rate analytical, communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Team player, but must also be able to work independently
- Have the ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- A university degree in law obtained in a Nordic country
- Approximately 3 – 5 years’ legal experience in a well-reputed law firm and/or as in-house legal counsel (preferably within an international company)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are considered to be a plus: IT law, commercial contract law (B2B), privacy, SaaS and/or outsourcing contracts
- Fluent in Swedish or another Nordic language
- Excellent knowledge (verbal and written) of English. Good knowledge of other languages (such as Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish or Danish) is a plus
Welcome with your application as soon as possible!
In today’s new world of work, people want to be inspired by what they do and have the freedom to focus on what matters. Organisations need a dynamic, motivated workforce empowered by smart technology. As a leading European provider of people solutions, SD Worx turns HR into a source of value for their customers’ business and the people that work for them. SD Worx delivers people solutions across the entire employee lifecycle, from paying employees to attracting, rewarding and developing the talent who make businesses succeed. SD Worx powers performance through four core capabilities: technology, outsourcing, expertise and data-driven insights. More than 76,000 small and large organisations across the globe place their trust in SD Worx and its +75 years’ worth of experience. SD Worx offers its people solutions in 150 countries, calculates the salaries of approximately 5 million employees and ranks among the top five worldwide. The more than 5,300 employees at SD Worx operate in eighteen countries: Belgium (HQ), Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. In 2020, SD Worx achieved a consolidated turnover of more than EUR 825 million (pro forma). More info on www.sdworx.com / Follow us via LinkedIn and Twitter