Legal Counsel till ArK Kapital
There are many consumer facing fintech products, but finance as a whole is virtually untouched by technology. At ArK we’re convinced that by putting data and tech at the heart of finance we can impact how money flows and, in turn, create a more democratised and unbiased economy.
ArK was founded in 2021 by a six-time entrepreneur, a world-class AI technology developer and a veteran banker. Since then we’ve carefully grown our team to around 60 – all pitching in with their experience to build something that none of us has seen before.
Today we offer founders access to our machine learning platform AIM. Through connecting their raw data we can fully understand what they’ve built without any bias; connecting what has been achieved historically into a simulated 5-year future. This prediction is the foundation for the transformational loans that we are able to issue, and a tool that founders get to keep for business optimisation.
About the role
As Legal Counsel you will be a business partner and trusted advisor to many parts of ArK. You will form part of a team of lawyers which is supporting ArK’s teams on a wide range of legal matters. As an expert within finance you will apply your legal toolbox to support the further development of ArK’s products and provide guidance on a wide range of matters related to your area of expertise.
In addition to providing practical legal advice to the business, your responsibilities will include:
- reviewing, drafting and negotiating financing and security documentation, assisting in debt and security structuring; and
- assisting in business development, including evaluation of new loan products and new markets from a financing perspective.
You will report to the Head of Legal and work closely with, inter alia, the Sales and Loan Structuring teams beside the Legal team.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have:
- Around 5 years of relevant experience from a law firm, bank, fund or other company within the financial or tech sector;
- great curiosity and interest in the intersection between tech-finance-legal;
- the ability to run and lead projects efficiently and to partner with employees of all levels throughout the organisation (such as Sales and Loan Structuring teams);
- thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a “can-do” attitude and have a strong interest in new ways of thinking and finding the most efficient and innovative solution in all situations;
- strong communication skills; and
- Law degree (Juristexamen) from a Swedish university.
In addition to this, we’d be happy to see:
- Experience from working in or with fast growing tech companies.
- Experience from working in an international context, from an international company, market expansion projects or other cross-border projects
What’s it like to work at ArK?
We believe that the key to a great team culture is great people having a great time together. Our team is one to be part of for the long run, because you won’t want to leave. Our unique combination of startup mentality, experienced team and ambitious vision make room for both personal and professional development. We’re entrepreneur-first, continuously innovative and responsible global citizens.
In this recruitment process, ArK is working with Legal Career. Top candidates will be presented to the company on an ongoing basis. To apply, please send us your resume and contact details. If your profile fits our description, we’ll contact you for an interview! If you have any questions please contact Recruiter Carl Berg at 0790633464.