Junior Lawyer (Privacy) – Telia Finance
Telia Finance AB is an independent financing company acting as a finance engine for Telia Company, which has a global presence operating mainly in the Nordic market. This gives us opportunities to offer innovative and competitive financing solutions on the customers’ terms. We want to make it possible for all Telia Company’s customers to find the right solution to finance their telecom needs both now and in the future. Telia Finance is a credit market company under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority.
Right now, we are looking for a junior lawyer to join us in the position as Privacy Support.
Your next opportunity?
You will be a part of our Privacy Team working closely together with our DPO, Privacy Lawyer, IT and Products teams.
You will be acting as the first point of contact for the processes mentioned below and will be the link between the business and other supporting departments such as Legal and Compliance. You will advocate issues relating to data protection and privacy, including raising privacy awareness and promoting good practice in the organization.
Some of your tasks will be to:
- support with data mapping
- facilitate and update Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and Security Assessments
- update and maintain documentation e. g Records of Processing Activities
- support projects in setting and following up privacy requirements
- investigate personal data breach incidents and document the course of events
- coordinate work relating to data subject’s rights.
Is this you?
This role is a job that calls for someone who has a good understanding of GDPR/Privacy and data protection from a technical perspective. To collect information and understand the business’ data flows you need to have an analytical mindset as well as good social skills to approach and build networks with different departments and colleagues throughout the organization. We believe that you are a junior lawyer in the beginning of your career within data privacy with a law degree from a university in the Nordic countries. You should be fluent in Swedish and confident working in English.
- You are curious, driven and enjoy challenges.
- You are analytical and positive about working with set time frames.
- You enjoy engaging people and raising awareness.
- You are organized and striving for simplicity and efficiency.
- You can work independently as well as in a team.
- But most of all you bring positive energy to the team and are excited to evolve together with the rest of us.
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
If you want to hear more or join our team, apply for the job or call Anna Holm, Head of Legal, who is coordinating this recruitment on +46 72 243 17 99.
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. Application deadline is 12th of June 2023.
In the last steps, required controls will be performed.
Welcome to Telia – Together, we are making better happen!