Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere. Ascom’s mission is to provide mission-critical, real-time solutions for highly mobile, ad hoc, and time-sensitive environments. Ascom uses its unique product and solutions portfolio and software architecture capabilities to devise integration and mobilization solutions that provide truly smooth, complete and efficient workflows for healthcare as well as for industry and retail sectors.
We are looking for a dynamic and competent member for our global legal team in the role as Legal Counsel in order to support our Nordic’s business in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
This position is placed in Gothenburg, and you will report to Head of Legal in Switzerland.
- Provide clear, business-minded advice to business and function counterparts
- Draft, negotiate and review a wide range of contracts
- Establish and improve templates, standards and processes
- Ensure compliance with data privacy laws and regulations (i.e. GDPR)
- Maintain, improve and protect intellectual property rights
- Handle litigation cases
- Select, instruct and supervise external counsels
- Active support of and close cooperation with Ascom corporate legal team headquartered in Switzerland (e.g. conducting regular legal and compliance trainings, contract management, local or group-wide projects etc.)
- 1-2 year professional experience, preferably in an international company in the ICT sector or in an international commercial law firm
- University degree (Master of Law or equal)
- Strong experience with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Bar admission and/or further legal education is an advantage
- Fluent in English and Swedish
To enjoy and be successful in this position, we believe that you are an analytical individual who is an excellent communicator with great negotiation skills. You have a strong business oriented mind-set and ability to balance legal requirements against business needs. Your strong sense of working organized and efficient will help you stay calm also in situations when the work load is high.
Working at Ascom
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative is both expected and appreciated. Our culture is reflected by the Ascom Way and its six principles: Customer Focus, Accountability & Commitment, Growth, Innovation, Leadership, We are Ascom. Key aspects are to create customer value in everything we do, take calculated risks, be curious and creative, and be passionate and inspire. Ascom is a company where you will be able to engage with all parts of the value stream, from development to sales, manufacturing, supply chain and service delivery. If you are motivated by making a real difference in your work, you are probably one of us.
Contact and Application
Are you interested in the job? The selection process is ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible via the "APPLY" button.
Want to know more about us?
Watch these videos: