Hewlett Packard Enterprise - Legal Counsel
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE’s Legal Department has approximately 350 employees worldwide in 40 countries. We provide legal advice and support that help our clients achieve the company’s business objectives in a manner that complies with applicable legal and ethical standards. Our practice areas include supporting all Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s business units as well as Ethics & Compliance, Litigation, Global Functions, Intellectual Property, Corporate, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions as well as all 11 global HPE geographies.
The world-class legal team of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which hires, retains and develops talent in a collaborative and inclusive environment, is now looking for the following addition to its team:
With the role comes an opportunity to build a wide professional network within HPE and to gain valuable experience across different areas of expertise in a truly international environment. As Legal Counsel you will be reporting to the Country Counsel Sweden who is also based in Stockholm.
- Provide qualified legal support and strategic advice across all HPE business units as well as to the different corporate functions, primarily in Sweden, Finland and the Baltics, but also as part of the wider global team
- Draft, review and negotiate various kinds of business agreements and other legal documents, including structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals, often in multi-country transactions.
- Identify, analyze and resolve complex legal issues with solution-oriented focus while pragmatically balancing risk.
- Support on regulatory and compliance matters, such as privacy, anti-corruption and competition law, to help prevent non-compliance and mitigate risks in these areas.
- Be a proactive partner to the business, including development of innovative strategies and processes to effectively address business needs.
- Promote legal awareness and lead legal training to business teams, senior managers and team members.
- Collaborate seamlessly with the wider HPE legal function outside of Sweden providing advice and information to other teams such as e.g. Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy, Government Relations, M&A, Security, HR and Intellectual Property.
- Swedish Master of Law
- 3-5 years of post-qualification commercial legal experience in an international law firm and/or in a legal department of a multinational company; applications from professionals with IT law background and a strong business acumen will be favorably considered
- Finnish language skills will give you an edge.
- Proven ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language, written and spoken, in both Swedish and English.
- Commercial legal experience in negotiating and advising on business and company related legal matters.
- Proven experience of working in teams and against deadlines, including ability to prioritize.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
To be successful in this role there are a number of personal characteristics we think you should have:
- Great interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Strong commercial and business interest
- Ability to see the bigger picture, always with the customer focus at heart
- Energetic and proactive approach
- Sense of pragmatism and a solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong team orientation, still being comfortable operating independently
- Pro-active team-player, with the ability to work independently when necessary
- A good sense of humor
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HPE is one of the world's most attractive employers. Diversity and inclusion are woven into the fabric of our company.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job posting. If you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our job portal on Job Number 1045568
Follow us: www.facebook.com/hpecareers