Corporate Legal Counsel AB Volvo
Corporate Legal is recruiting a Corporate Legal Counsel with a focus on providing legal support in corporate transactional matters (M&A), but also from time to time in more general day-to-day corporate matters. The Corporate Legal Counsel works closely with decision makers and in close cooperation with the corporate- and business organizations of the Volvo Group. The legal counsel will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Legal. The position will require travelling from time to time.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality legal support in negotiating complex business transactions in an international environment
- Participating in and overseeing due diligence procedures
- Reviewing and drafting transactional documents and material for internal governance bodies
- Engaging and coordinating high-quality external legal counsels
- Provide legal support in day-to-day corporate matters
- Prepare and update template agreements and other standard documentation as needed
- Participate in Boards, Councils, Committees and networks as deemed appropriate
The legal counsel we are looking for has:
- A university degree in law
- A minimum of seven years solid experience from a law firm or as in-house legal counsel or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience from handling corporate transactional legal matters
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving capabilities and excellent ability to apply legal as well as business and financial aspects in providing legal advice
- Have strong business acumen and gravitas in internal and external meetings, have strong experience of providing advice to senior and top level management
- Good ability to communicate generally and in particular in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Good judgment and strong professionalism, integrity, creativity and ability to work both independently with full responsibility and as a team player
- A can-do mindset with high drive and energy - i.e. willingness to 'go the extra mile' when needed
The position is open now and will be contracted as soon as possible.
We offer a stimulating global working environment and an inspiring working climate as well as good development and career opportunities.
For further information, please contact:
Nina Aresund, SVP Corporate Legal, phone: +46 739 02 81 35
More information and application - click HERE
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Legal & Compliance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by coordinating and providing services within the following areas: Legal, Compliance, Governance, Security and Internal Audit.
With Volvo Group Legal & Compliance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.