Head of Legal - Polystar Group
Would you like to work in our innovative and international environment and in the forefront of the mobile technology?
Polystar is a global supplier of Network Solution Intelligence. We help Communication Service Providers to proactively manage mobile data growth, harness the value of Big Data, and successfully monetize on the network assets. Polystar delivers service management and market-leading solutions to mobile and fixed-line operators which help to simplify the view of the ever-more-complex network technologies, visualize the entire network performance and deliver immediate value to the customers. In short we are at the very edge of the technological challenges in one of the biggest industry in the world, telecommunication/ICT.
We are a Swedish, privately held, software development company characterized by entrepreneurship and innovation together with our customers and employees. Today Polystar serves over 100 customers in 50 countries and monitor over 1 billion phone connections worldwide 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
To address the growing number of international clients and the increasing demand for Polystar solutions, we have been continuously expanding our geographical presence over the past years, making considerable investments in selected major markets. Currently, we maintain offices around the world in Sweden (HQ), USA, Canada, Germany, Russia, UAE, South Africa, Australia and Singapore.
About the job:
Polystar is looking for an experienced, senior lawyer to fill the position as Head of Legal for a temporary period of 12-15 months. Come join our team!
The role heads Polystar’s Legal Department of two lawyers, which is responsible for the whole Group’s legal issues ranging from contractual law and intellectual property protection, to corporate governance, regulatory and business compliance (incl. GDPR, export control) as well as general legal processes. The responsibility of the Head of Legal spans over all of these matters, however, the core function of the position is to draft, review and negotiate large, international customer contracts. That being said, you may work with most legal/business concerns that could pop up on a daily basis in an ICT company.
In the role as Head of Legal you report to the CIO and will work closely with the other departments of the Company, supporting the day to day operations and business with the Company’s customers. The work is fast paced where no day is the other alike, requiring a problem solver and a true team player. Additionally, the ideal candidate is analytical, driven, business minded, pragmatic, highly skilled and with a true passion for commercial and contractual law.
Polystar’s core values are Teamwork, Results Orientation, Innovation and Customer Focus. These are also the key personality traits of the perfect candidate.
This job includes:
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on contracts
- Corporate secretarial
- Prepare and take lead on corporate and regulatory matters
- Develop procedures and processes to ensure legal compliance
We want you to have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience from contractual, corporate and intellectual property law
- A completed graduate of Bachelor of Laws
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience as Legal Counsel or from law firm
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in both English and Swedish (written and spoken)
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Highly developed organizational skills with a structured and professional way of working
- A team player with an “all hands-on deck” mentality
We think you:
- Will really like working for Polystar if you like to work for a global and entreprenurail company.
- Have a general understand of technology and an interest in Telecommunications business
- Like working independently yet being part of a great team
- Enjoy communicating and cooperating with colleagues
- You share our belief and core value, Customer Focus, and delivering on promises and commitments.
Interested? Think about it or apply now!
Polystar is a privately owned company, operating in an innovative and international environment. Our products are at the forefront of mobile technology and network intelligence.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis
Send your application and your CV, subject marked “Head of Legal” to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
For the purposes of assessing and administer your application for this position, Polystar will process your personal data as a data controller in accordance with Personuppgiftslag (1998:204). Polystar will process your personal data solely to the extent necessary to complete the recruitment process for this position. Polystar will store your personal data for four months after the vacant position has been filled. Polystar may delete your personal data prior to the expiration of four months, upon your request. Should you wish to make such request for deletion, or if you wish obtain more information regarding the processing of personal data within the Polystar Group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org