Senior Data Protection Attorney at the Stockholm office
About Kilpatrick Townsend
Kilpatrick Townsend is a full-service, international law firm with more than 600 attorneys who work with forward-thinking clients in established and emerging industries to solve their most business-critical matters.
Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys are fully engaged in the success of the firm's clients. We deliver results-oriented counsel for corporations at all stages of the growth cycle, from the challenging demands of financial transactions and securities to the disciplines of intellectual property management. A close collaboration between the firm's practice areas ensures that we are well-positioned to serve all of our clients' needs.
We serve clients around the world from offices in California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Washington, China, Japan, and Sweden. We value our client relationships and are committed to learning and furthering the business, as well as legal goals, of each company we work with.
We strive at every level to develop beneficial relationships built on trust and mutual respect. We partner with the senior executives and internal counsel of our corporate clients, integrating and sharing tasks as appropriate. We take pride in the fact that clients who hire us once, typically hire us again. Our success is measured by the results we achieve on behalf of our clients, and we commit ourselves, without reservation, to the overriding objective of client satisfaction.
As Senior Data Protection Attorney at our Stockholm office you will work with attorneys and clients of the Technology and Global Data Protection team to assist with EU GDPR regulation and compliance. The position will be responsible for interacting regularly with our U.S. offices and advising clients on a wide range of cybersecurity and privacy matters including risk management, governance, data breach response.
- Jur.kand./Swedish Master of Laws (LL.M)
- English language proficiency both written and spoken
- Familiarity with GDPR, GDPR program design or implementation
- Strong analytical skills, good writing skills and client service focus
- Proven critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to anticipate issues and solve them before a problem arises
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment working under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to cultivate customer, vendor and co-worker relationships
- Highly motivated to gain expertise and achieve privacy certifications
- Experience with EU Data Protection compliance or program development
- Background in some or all of the following: policy writing, risk management and data protection regulations.
For questions about the position, please contact Fredrik Ahlqvist, Advokat at +46 8 505 646 11 or Jessica Ahlsén, HR Manager at +46 8 505 646 43.
How to apply
Please visit karriar.kilpatricktownsend.se in order to apply for this position, no later than September 2, 2018. We will have an ongoing review of applications and the position may be appointed before that date.