Commercial Legal Counsel to AkzoNobel Specialty Ch
About AkzoNobel Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes worldwide. Our Legal Group safeguards the strategic objectives of the company’s businesses and provides advice on legal issues in many dynamic markets and regions. The Legal Group in the Nordics is now expanding and offers an exciting opening for a commercial lawyer.
As Commercial Legal Counsel you will handle matters with significant opportunity and exposure to AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals and interact with senior business leadership. You will focus on the businesses operating in or out of the Nordics, but work in an international environment where we expect you to, at all times, give due consideration to the interests of AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals as a whole.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global organization and a large legal team of lawyers worldwide with much co-operation, interaction and knowledge-sharing. The legal team in the Nordics will consist of five persons including this role.
- Manage and provide legal advice and support to all businesses operating in or out of the Nordics
- Identify and manage legal and compliance risks
- Monitor, communicate and act on legal developments in the Nordics
- Collaborate and communicate with AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals Legal Group experts regarding their area of expertise and support the Legal Group practice group experts in such matters as requested
- Liaise with the Global Business Area lawyers with respect to material legal matters in the Nordics
- Educate and train colleagues on various legal matters
- Implement AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals Legal Group strategy and standards
- Manage Outside Counsel in the Nordics
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Legal Master Degree from an accredited law school
- 4+ years of relevant working experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department (this might include a period of service in a district court)
- Excellent legal knowledge; in particular contract law, sales law and corporate law
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and legal documents
- Solid dispute resolution experience and command of Anti-Trust principles
- Top level analytical, counselling, communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound and practical legal, ethical and commercial judgment
- Proven highly effective negotiator and facilitator
- Self-motivated with strong drive and ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent Swedish and English language skills
- Knowledge/interest in Environmental Law is beneficial
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition – to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Director Legal Nordics and based in Bohus. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Charlotte Björnsdotter Lundgren, Director Legal Nordics, +46 31 58 73 09 or +46 709 57 73 09.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Kristina Nygren, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 31 58 74 77.
For unions related questions please contact: Anna-Lena Palm, koncernrådsrepresentant, + 46 303-85 000 (vxl)
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application! More information and application - click HERE
More about the business
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Do not forget to follow us onLinkedIn and Facebookfor regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.