Legal Counsel - Global Dispute Resolution
Ericsson recruits a Legal Counsel to manage dispute related activities.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole. Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2017 were SEK 201.3 billion. Ericsson is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm stock exchange and the NASDAQ in New York.
As a global company, Ericsson is from time to time involved in dispute related matters. Such dispute related activities are managed and coordinated by legal counsel in various jurisdictions working in Ericsson’s legal department, Group Function Legal Affairs. At Ericsson’s Head Office in Kista, Sweden, staff in the Corporate Governance and Dispute Resolution unit manage and coordinate the Ericsson group’s more complex disputes. The trend is that disputes are increasing in number and complexity. Many of them are related to IPR (patents in particular).
Ericsson now seeks to recruit a Legal Counsel in order to strengthen its global dispute resolution capabilities.
- Manage and coordinate complex disputes, such as litigations, arbitrations and administrative proceedings, worldwide and in close cooperation with internal and external resources.
- Provide internal support, including to provide early advise on dispute related matters, lead internal investigations, assess cases and advise on the appropriate course of action, develop and implement case strategies, coordinate with relevant Ericsson staff and hire and manage external counsel.
- Handle internal administration related to dispute resolution activities, such as developing and improving internal policies, templates and other supporting materials, and provide training for Ericsson staff.
- Master of Law degree
- Minimum five years of work experience
- Experience in handling litigations and arbitrations as external counsel
- Fluent in English
- IPR law experience
- Experience of international dispute resolution activities
- Court experience
Hiring Manager: Anna Surtevall
Recruiter: Paul Lejonmark-Haynes
Deadline for applications is Friday the 6th July but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 247599 Job Segment: Law, Legal
For more information and application - click HERE