Bombardier - Legal Counsel
REQUISITION NUMBER: TCEL-SEST01372016
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business hold the number one global market position in eight of ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world. Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
We offer our specialists a modern, friendly, multinational environment and we encourage them to innovate.
We are currently looking for a junior and a senior Legal Counsel for our offices in Stockholm or Vasteras (Sweden)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Legal Advisor works in the legal department of a Division or Business Unit and participates in the bid process and projects in execution by assuming responsibility for all legal aspects from the Invitation to Tender (ITT) until the end of the warranty period.
- Bid preparation: pre-tender related work, pre-qualification support, drafting and negotiating pre-tender agreements, memorandum of understandings, consortium agreements, analysis of ITT and participating in Kick-off/Strategy activities;
- Bid approval processes: Preparation of internal approval documents (summarizes, assess and recommend a position to be mandated on the important legal and contractual matters)
- Interface to all other functions involved in the bid process as for example: Sales, Bid/Proposal Management, Engineering, (Structured) Finance, Operations, Customer Support, Taxes, etc. for integration of their inputs in the contractual framework
- Interface to Contracts department of other Divisions and to Group Contracts/Corporate
- Responsible for contract negotiation in relation with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- Assists other functions in connection with contractual and legal issues with a view of maximizing opportunities and minimizing risks, throughout the life of a project and manages project-related litigations;
- Follow up, assist and coordinate claims and litigations, ;
- Manage corporate activities.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University Law Degree (LLM) - mandatory;
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience for the junior role and 5-10 years for the senior role;
- Comprehensive understanding and good knowledge of legal and contractual areas that are relevant to the business, experience in Swedish corporate law is an advantage;
- Relevant experience in a practice-oriented and solution-focused organization requiring management of legal and commercial aspects;
- English and Swedish at a business fluent level is mandatory.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.