Corporate Legal Counsel AB Volvo- Real Estate focus
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and drive systems for marine and industrial applications. The Volvo Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, with headquarters in Göteborg, has about 100,000 employees, production facilities in 18 countries and sales in more than 190 markets.
Volvo Group Real Estate is an integrated function in the Volvo Group, with strategic and operational responsibility for the Group’s properties and real estate assets as well as for facility management. Volvo Group Real Estate is responsible for the entire property lifecycle, from acquisition to divestment. They optimize the use and value of the Volvo Group's facilities, owned and leased and act as a center of expertise, generating economies of skills and scale in the real estate area. Volvo Group Real Estate is approximately 350 employees supporting Volvo Group in 60 countries worldwide. The property footprint consists of some 1000 sites, both leased and owned. Volvo Group Real Estate manages all types of properties: dealers, workshops, offices, warehouses, production facilities and more.
Corporate Legal Counsel Real Estate – AB Volvo Headquarters in Gothenburg
Corporate Legal is the legal department of AB Volvo, Volvo Group Headquarters, having the overall responsibility for legal matters pertaining to AB Volvo and organizations within the Volvo Group which do not have their own legal departments. Corporate Legal is among others responsible for providing legal support to the Volvo Group Real Estate function.
Corporate Legal is recruiting a legal counsel who will have global responsibility for handling the legal matters relating to the Real Estate function. The Legal counsel is expected to monitor, assess and handle legal and compliance risks within the Real Estate area and work in close cooperation with the business organizations of the Volvo Group to fulfill the objectives of the Volvo Group Real Estate function. The legal counsel will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Legal, but will also participate in Volvo Group Real Estate’s management team headed by the Senior Vice President Real Estate. The position will require travelling from time to time.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality legal advice to the Volvo Group Real Estate function in the day-to-day operation, primarily relating to real estate matters, but also in corporate, environmental and compliance related matters and in other current areas.
- Draft and review contractual documentation and participate in contractual negotiations, mainly in relation to real estate transactions, construction agreements, lease agreements and facility management agreements.
- Dispute management
- Ensure that the Real Estate function has competent legal resources available on global, regional and local levels, including procurement of external resources.
- Prepare and update template agreements and other standard documentation and provide legal training to employees within the function.
- Enhance awareness of legal and commercial risks and work proactively with legal issues.
- Participate in Boards, Councils, Committees and networks as deemed appropriate.
- As a member of the management team, participate in business decisions and contribute to the overall development and success of the Volvo Group Real Estate function.
The legal counsel we are looking for has;
A university degree in law.
- A minimum of seven years solid experience from a law firm or as in-house legal counsel or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience from handling real estate legal matters in commercial settings and proven experience from handling environmental matters.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving capabilities and excellent ability to apply legal as well as business and financial aspects in providing legal advice.
- Have strong business acumen and gravitas in internal and external meetings, have strong experience of providing advice to senior and top level management.
- Good ability to communicate generally and in particular in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Good judgment and strong professionalism, integrity, creativity and ability to work both independently with full responsibility and as a team player.
- A can-do mindset with high drive and energy - i.e. willingness to 'go the extra mile' when needed.
Start date and timeline:
The position is open now and will be contracted as soon as possible.
We offer a stimulating global working environment and an inspiring working climate as well as good development and career opportunities.
For further information, please contact:
Nina Aresund, SVP Corporate Legal, phone: +46 739 02 81 35 Last application date: 16 October. Please submit your CV and supporting documentation.