Controller - Kognity
We are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for financial analysis as well as budgeting and together with the rest of the team will drive the finance agenda at Kognity.
Working closely with all team leaders, you will analyse financial development, work with budgeting, carry out ad-hoc analysis and work on projects within the finance team. You will be part of the finance team which consists of two Finance Assistants, an Accounting Manager and our CFO, whom you will be reporting to.
- Ownership of the budgeting work
- Revenue forecasting
- Cost forecasting
- Budgeting support to the teams
- Evaluate processes and systems to identify improvement opportunities
- Work with the CFO in the strategic financial planning process
- Work with the Accounting Manager and CFO on quarterly reporting
- Drive the company’s FX-strategy
Skills & Requirements
- Required skills
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of experience of financial analysis
- Fluent English speaker
- Strong analytical skills
- Natural sense of structure, with an interest in setting up processes and guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communicator always seeking clarity, brevity and warmth
Other skills we value
- Experience from Big-4, consulting firm or as Controller at fast-growth or large multinational company
- Hands-on work with budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of finance within a SaaS company (Software-as-a-Service)
About the company
Kognity is one the fastest growing EdTech companies in the world and we aim to radically improve learning for 1.5 billion school students globally.
We pursue our vision because there are few more important jobs than educating the world’s young people. No other single factor has higher impact on the prosperity and well-being of humanity than education. Yet technology has previously not delivered on any of its promises of better learning. At Kognity, we have set out to do this.
Who we are
We provide intelligent textbooks to schools in over 70 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
Kognity is growing 100% year-on-year. We are looking for the sharpest brains, biggest hearts, and greatest drive in Stockholm and internationally, willing to take part in making the world a better place by working at a fun, caring and challenging environment.