Medicover - Legal Counsel
The Medicover group is a leading international healthcare and diagnostic services provider. The history of the Medicover group began in 1995 in Warsaw with one health center. Today, Medicover is present in 15 countries, with more than 15,000 staff members, the largest operations being in Germany, Poland, Romania and Ukraine and the latest additions being in India. Medicover provides a broad spectrum of healthcare services via an extensive network of ambulatory clinics, hospitals, specialty-care facilities and laboratories through two divisions – Healthcare Services and Diagnostic Services. The parent company of the Medicover group, Medicover AB (publ), is since May this year listed at Nasdaq Stockholm (mid-cap). For further information about the Medicover group and our business, please visit our website: www.medicover.com.
Medicover is looking to recruit an IN-HOUSE LEGAL COUNSEL based in our Head Office located in the center of Stockholm
In this newly created position in Stockholm, you will be reporting to and working closely to the group’s General Legal Counsel (also based in Stockholm). You will be part of the legal team, consisting of 22 persons throughout the group, based in various jurisdictions in Central & Eastern Europe and Germany.
You will be involved in various group related projects and matters (such as M&A projects, intra-group reorganisations, and preparation of policies), and responsible for keeping files and other housekeeping on various matters for the group’s holding companies.
· a Swedish law degree, with good grades;
· at least 3 years of experience from a law firm;
· solid knowledge of Swedish corporate and commercial law, experience from working with corporate governance and listed companies being a plus but not a must;
· experience and good skills in drafting commercial agreements, for example share purchase agreements, transfer agreements, investment agreements, license agreements and similar types of agreements, in English;
· good commercial understanding, and a genuine interest in getting closer to the commercial side of business necessary for the role as an in-house legal counsel;
· a critical and analytical mindset;
· the ability to deliver according to deadlines;
· integrity, and constant strive to learn and develop;
· good interpersonal skills.
· fully fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken;
· computer literate, and a very skilled user of windows word;
· able to quickly understand and analyze complex legal and business structures and transactions;
· a problem solver, looking for challenges and not afraid of taking responsibility;
· able to see the big picture without losing focus on details;
· structured in the approach to work, diligent, attentive to details, and with a good sense of order;
· able to work in a fast pace, without compromising on quality;
· able to multi-task;
· a team player who likes working in a wider team, but also independent and comfortable with making decisions on your own when empowered to;
· the holder of a clean criminal record.
The opportunity to:
· join an International Team of highly engaged professionals driven by their professional passion and in tune with the Medicover culture of Entrepreneurship, Passion for quality, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment;
· travel to the countries where we have operations to follow up on assignments.
We are looking forward to get to know you
Please send your application (personal letter and CV in English, with grades appended) to Jenny Brandt, General Legal Counsel, at email@example.com. The deadline for submitting applications is 20 October 2017, but the interview phase may be initiated before that date.