IP Administrator - Volvo Group
We are looking for a qualified and experienced IP Administrator to join our highly skilled Volvo Group Intellectual Property team in Gothenburg, Sweden
The Volvo Group IP department (VGIP), is a group function serving the entire Volvo Group and consists of three departments; IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs, Patents and IP Strategy & Portfolio .
The Group is refocusing its IP operations and continuous to strengthen its global IP organization. As part of this, the administrative work model will change and selected IP agents will have certain access to the Group’s IP portfolio management system.
The Group is now seeking an IP Administrator to be an in-house administrator to manage the IP portfolio management system and also focus on various administrative tasks primarily relating to trademarks and design rights. The IP Administrator will report to the Group Director IP Legal,Trademarks & Designs in Gothenburg, and support all Volvo Group IP departments globally, in close co-operation with another IP Administrator reporting to the Group Director Patents.
Main tasks and responsibilities
As IP Administrator, you will be given responsibility for assisting members of the IP department in achieving the targets of the IP department in a timely and cost-effective manner. Key responsibilities will include:
- Administratively support attorneys and counsels regarding primarily trademark and design applications and general trademark, design and IP Legal related cases
- Participate in the implementation and become a super-user of Volvo Group’s IP portfolio management system
- Perform training to outside IP agents and in-house personnel in the Volvo Group IP portfolio management system
- Manage outside IP agents in the interface of the IP portfolio management system, and being the administrative link and interface between IP agents and Volvo internal customers
- Overall responsible for the management of incoming external IP communication to VGIP
- Support VGIP Management team in generating reports, conducting analysis and running queries on the IP portfolio and on IP activities
- Manage the invoice process of external IP agents, manage and report on IP related costs
Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be approachable, outgoing, self-going and enthusiastic with ability to train other people. Service mindedness and an ability to organize and prioritize workload are key.
We want you to have long experience in the field of IP with strong knowledge of trademark and design right filing procedures and their respective life cycles. The nature of the work requires you to be used to working independently with trademark and design rights administration. Further, strong computer and database skills including prior experience in IP portfolio management systems are needed. Previous experience from working at or with external IP firms is also important.
As we are a truly global and diverse company, most of your meetings and emails will be in English, hence you need to be fluent in both speaking and writing in English.
Please submit your application online no later than October 15 2017.
For further information about the position, please contact:
Susann Vahlenbreder Hecht, Group Director IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs, +46 31 323 69 99
Christoffer Motéus, HR Business Partner, + 46 31 322 5565
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date
Legal & Security