In-house Legal and Compliance Counsel to AASA Kredit
Aasa Global Group is a rapidly expanding international financial technology company offering credit solutions to consumers and small-to medium sized businesses. Aasa does not operate in the sub-prime or payday-lending segments, but provides responsible credit only to bankable customers through streamlined processes and in-house built technology. At our core is data analytics and we combine traditional scoring algorithms, large data sets and innovative big data to create sophisticated models for credit scoring.
At Aasa we are constantly seeking for new business opportunities by developing new innovative financing solutions and looking for expansion to markets with high growth-potential. Aasa operates currently in Finland, Poland and now also Sweden and our headquarters are located in Tallinn, Estonia. The Swedish operations under Aasa Kredit Svenska AB were launched in May this year and we are now looking for an In-house Legal and Compliance Counsel to join our organization in Stockholm, and to help accelerate our continuing fast-paced growth.
Leadership and Responsibilities
The In-house Legal and Compliance Counsel will be responsible for
- Support the group legal team and country management with consumer credit compliance issues (regulation and SFSA)
- Managing the process of debt collection (soft and judicial)
- Ensuring the data protection guidelines and processes are in order
- Providing daily practical advice and solutions across a full range of legal subject areas, e.i. corporate and employment matters;
- Assisting in legal analysis and in drafting of documents (legal opinions, agreements, corporate documents)
- Developing law firm relationships and optimizing legal spend, including wherever possible through the use of innovative processes and technologies;
- Monitoring regulatory trends and pro-actively shaping the legal landscape;
- Providing relevant and useful legal training to management colleagues; and
Areas of legal work will include smart commercial contracting, consumer protection and marketing, competition, data privacy, IP, and industry regulation. Opportunities for personal and career development will include: learning across all aspects of business, including finance, technology, operations, and sales and marketing, and international work experience.
Profile and qualifications
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, international, fast growing start-up with a smart and high-performing team, in a continuously growing technology and service industry.
The successful candidate will always play with and for the team, be smart and have a strong academic record, be a sharp legal mind, have a passion to learn (particularly about business and strategy), and be analytical and a structured thinker. You should also be driven, service-minded and prone to take initiative and take ownership. The right candidate will have to take commercially sound decisions with a risk-reward-based approach, working closely with the operational team and management colleagues.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) is a must
- Business sense and operative understanding, analytical
- Open, direct and very hands-on approach to work
- Excellent communication and team-work skills, eager to interact, responsive
- Ability to establish effective relationships and collaborations with other nationalities, departments and at all levels, internally and externally
- High level of responsibility and multi-tasking ability in a fast moving dynamic environment
- Can-do and problem solver attitude
The successful candidate will likely also have a Swedish law degree, a strong academic record and a minimum 4 years of experience working in top-rated law firms and/or as an internal legal counsel.
If you think you could be a fit, we would be very happy to hear from you!
Application and Enquiries
We are working with Sharp Recruitment on this project. Please feel free to contact Zarina Virsholm on +46 733 99 07 27 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions regarding AASA Kredit and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling-basis. Please CLICK HERE for more information. Applications (ideally consisting of an introductory letter with CV) should be sent by email to email@example.com as soon as possible.