Kinnevik is looking for a top performer to support its Corporate functions, in particular Legal and Strategic Talent
This role, which is based in Stockholm, offers a unique opportunity to work in an environment characterized by fast pace, a global presence and an entrepreneurial attitude. The role will be demanding and challenging but also stimulating and most rewarding enabling the holder to leave a solid footprint of success.
The Role and Responsibilities
You will work across the function and the areas of responsibility are likely to include:
- Supporting the General Counsel and Senior Talent Advisor on the preparation of Board and Committee agendas, materials and analysis and other matters as required.
- Supporting the Nomination Committee work for Kinnevik’s investee companies by preparing agendas and presentation materials
- Tracking and making recommendations regarding Board fees and incentives for Non-Executive Directors as well as supporting the development of other incentive schemes
- Planning and tracking interview processes and ensuring follow-up as required.
- Supporting the General Counsel in all work relating to capital market matters including public transactions, corporate governance and compliance, information and insider issues as well as general company law matters.
- Supporting both the General Counsel and GRC Director in work relating to GRC (governance, risk and compliance).
- Supporting both the General Counsel and Senior Talent Advisor with various legal work streams such as review and negotiations of a wide range of contracts and other legal documents.
You will need to have:
A Swedish Master of Laws (LL.M./ juristexamen) and 2-5 years of professional experience with a reputable law firm (in a Capital Markets/M&A/Corporate practice or experience as in‐house legal counsel at a corporation or financial institution).
A broad understanding of corporate and commercial law and a good understanding of the corporate governance and capital market regulations applicable for a Swedish listed company.
- Flawless spoken and written Swedish and English
- Very strong written presentation skills, in particular preparing power-point presentations
- Excellent analytical skills and academic record
- An ability to work independently and drive multiple projects simultaneously.
In addition, the following is desirable, albeit not a pre-requisite:
- Experience of employee investment structures and development of incentive programs
- International experience (preferably from the US or UK) as an associate or legal counsel or secondment in relevant industries.
To be successful at Kinnevik the following attributes are very important:
Solid interpersonal and communicational skills and the ability to maneuver in a complex context. This means for example the ability to gain confidence and the authority to influence regardless of formal reporting lines
- Maturity and reliability
- Structured thinking
- Dedication, drive and versatility
- Compassion and co-operation; prestigeless
- Confidence without arrogance
- Ability to speak your mind and listen to the thoughts of others
If this presentation appeals to you, we encourage you to submit your application to von Feilitzen & Partners who are managing this recruitment. If you have any questions, please contact Rosita von Feilitzen at +46(0)73-540 57 07 or alternatively at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receiving your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for this role and relevant certificates and references. Interviews will be ongoing, and we encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
Kinnevik AB is a leading, long-term oriented, entrepreneurial investment group based in Sweden with offices in Stockholm and in London. Kinnevik primarily invests in consumer centric businesses that provide innovative and value-added technology-enabled services. Kinnevik owns significant stakes in over 30 private and public companies that operate across five continents and employ more than 80 000 people around the world.
Kinnevik actively supports the companies in which it invests and plays an influential role on their respective boards. Kinnevik was founded in 1936 by three Swedish families who continue to play a leadership role in the ownership of the Company and in the pursuit of its entrepreneurial ventures.
Kinnevik’s shares are listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm’s list for large cap companies under the ticker codes KINV A and KINV B. F. Read more about us at www.kinnevik.com
The Legal department is managed by its General Counsel and a team of three legal counsels. The department is responsible for handling all legal matters related to Kinnevik and its investment activities. The General Counsel is part of the executive management of Kinnevik and reports to the company’s CEO. The General Counsel further acts as Company Secretary to the Board of Directors of Kinnevik, ensuring that rules of procedure are complied with and providing advice and assistance to the members of the Board.
Kinnevik´s Strategic Talent efforts are managed by a Senior Adviser who is responsible for handling talent-related matters related to Kinnevik . This includes identification and recruiting of Board members, advisers, senior team members and, occasionally, investee company senior management as well as compensation and professional development. In addition the Senior Advisor jointly with the Finance department oversees Kinnevik’s HR activities supported by an HR manager, works closely with the executive management and Board of Kinnevik, and reports to the company’s CEO.