Senior Surveillance Specialist 1 year contract, Nasdaq
Job ID 2016-8593
Job Locations SE-Stockholm
Nasdaq Position Overview:
Nasdaq is now looking for a Senior Surveillance Specialist to coordinate our supervision of financial at the Stockholm office. Located in the renovated former Ford assembly plant in Frihamnen, our spacious and open plan factory-style campus houses 650 of Nasdaq’s IT talent across many areas such as engineering, architects, development, infrastructure and testers.
Nasdaq, the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, is the world's largest exchange solution company providing top of the line trading and clearing technology. Our technology powers more than 85 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions across six continents.
Nasdaq Stockholm is responsible for supervising the financial reporting of its listed companies. The supervision is mainly based upon the Annual Reports of listed companies and the application of regulation and the relevant standards for financial reporting. Most of the companies under supervision apply IFRS (“International Financial Reporting Standards”, as adopted by EU) for its financial reporting.
The supervision is in part performed by external examiners and in part by Nasdaq employees. This role is a coordinator for our activities in this field.
The person will be responsible for:
- planning the scope of the review and topics to include, together with examiners
- making the selection of companies to include in the review
- allocating companies to the respective external examiners
- collect findings from external examiners and facilitate assessments
- prepare correspondence with listed companies, where questions on findings will be asked
- prepare decisions on sanctions and other reprimands
- prepare information to the Swedish FSA on activities and decisions taken
- document all steps in the process
- produce an annual report, summarizing the process, the findings and the actions taken
- plan and arrange an external seminar where findings are presented
- Education, Professional accomplishments, and Certifications:
- Knowledge able within financial reporting
Experience from interacting with supervisory authorities will be considered very creditable
Skills, Requirements and Competencies:
Previous experience as auditor, researcher of financial analysis could be a good match for this role but relevant experience could also have been gained in other roles
The person must be proficient in the Swedish language, also in formal writing
The role is a full time position with a one year duration. The work should be coordinated with the internal and external examiners but there will be significant possibilities to plan the work and thereby to accomplish flexibility.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $9.1 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.